Wednesday, July 11, 2007

THINKING OF SPENSER

Today is my nephew Spenser's birthday. He would have been 2 years old today. I have been caught up in what I felt was sad about the day...everything my family, especially my sister and brother-in-law, were missing about Spenser. Then I talked to Teresa and SHE PUT IT ALL IN PERSPECTIVE FOR ME! She was so positive! She and Clint had spent the day celebrating his BIRTH, not his loss. They chose to remember all the happiness he brought, and continues to bring to their lives through the happy memories. The point is THEY CHOSE not to dwell on the sadness and let it overpower their joy. I am sure it is not an easy choice, but they are strong enough through God's grace to make that choice. I love them so much and hope they know how much they mean to me. Lord Alfred Tennyson penned, "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all". Knowing what a blessing Spenser has been to so many in the short time he was with us proves the truth of that statement. I would have hated to never seen that beautiful face, touched those blond curls, gazed into those piercing blue eyes! God's plan for Spenser on this earth may have been shorter than we wanted, but he surely was a tool God used to carve a place in our hearts that makes us all better souls. Thank you, Lord for the little peice of heaven we had for a little while.

No comments:

sitemeter