Saturday, May 23, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
PARENTING THESE BOYS BRINGS JOYS EVEN IN THE TOUGH LOVE TIMES. I'VE MADE A COUPLE OF MENTAL NOTES FROM THIS SITUATION. EVEN IN THE TIMES THAT I AM TEACHING THE BOYS THAT THERE IS A TIME AND PLACE FOR EVERYTHING, I AM LEARNING THAT THERE IS EVEN ROOM FOR A GIGGLE FOR ME IN CHURCH SO THE BOYS SEE THAT SIDE OF ME TOO...AND WE WON'T EAT CAPTAIN CRUNCH FOR BREAKFAST ON SUNDAY MORNINGS. WE WILL STICK TO SATURDAY'S ONLY!
ENJOY MORE TINY TALK AT MARY'S. IT'S ALWAYS FUN TO SEE WHAT ALL THE KIDS ARE SAYING AND DOING.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
- grocery shopping...but I make the list of yummies.
- trips to the bank
- trips to the dry cleaners
- returning books to the library
- folding laundry
- ironing clothes
- take the car in for servicing
- loading the dishwasher
- unloading the dishwasher
- organizing closets
- culling out old toys
- organizing pictures
- reconciling bank statements
I'm sure there are many more tasks like this you could think of that we do out of love for the family and the order we need daily to make things work but none of us truly enjoy. But I have another list of jobs that I do not want to have anyone else handle on a regular basis.
- Putting breakfast on the table and greeting the morning with my boys.
- packing lunches complete with their favorite flavor of yogurt and a note telling those babies how special they are to me.
- Rushing home to get Andrew to the t-ball field for another fun night of hot dogs, snow cones, and little boys in baseball uniforms.
- helping build volcanoes for science class.
- cooking dinner and feeding the family as we hear all the days adventures.
- catching a warm, wrinkly little boy in a soft towel as he jumps to me from the tub. OH I LOVE THAT SMELL!
- making up bedtime stories and partner reading chapter books.
- bedtime prayers
- one more kiss...snuggle...and drink of water.
I guess that list confirms that I do not need a nanny or a cook but I do need someone to help me tie up many of the important details that keep our life in harmony...hey it sounds like I need a good wife. ;-)