Sunday, October 28, 2007

This was me last week, NO KIDDING! I was covered from head to toe with hives. I broke out on Wednesday and by Friday I woke up trying to hold back the tears. When I finally went to the doctor it hurt to wear flip flops. I looked ridiculous. My doctor shares an office with her husband who is an OBGYN. You should have seen the looks on the faces of the poor expecting mothers when they got a glimpse of me! I looked like I was being eaten alive by a flesh eating bacteria. My doctor gave me a shot of cortisone and I was halfway to normal within 3 hours. My boys thought I took off my halloween costume!HEHE. I felt like a new woman. OH I thank God for modern medicine. I could not imagine trying to bear through that allergic reaction without medication. I still don't know for sure what caused the reaction. I am hoping it was an a Sulfa medicine I was taking. I pray I NEVER have to go though that again.

2 comments:

Nonnas News said...

Bless your heart!! I'm glad your getting back to normal! I had an allergic reaction to some cream one time and I itched like crazy. I cant even imagine what you were going thru!

Kim said...

Amy. I can't believe that I didn't get to see that....the cartoon is too funny....love it....I'm glad you are back to your good ole self.

sitemeter