Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas highlights

We had a fabulous time this Christmas season. We stayed home and enjoyed a quiet holiday. We will visit our extended families in 2008. We started our Christmas holiday by going to see a presentation of The Nutcracker at the Dallas Children's Theater on Sunday Dec.23rd. We all really enjoyed the puppet interpretation of the classic. It was a great way to introduce such a timeless fun story to small children. Seeing the show together was like opening our first present. I loved watching Mason and Andrew sitting by each other and laughing together at the silly puppets. I could write a Citibank commercial... starting a new Christmas traditions - PRICELESS.On Christmas eve we went to the candlelight service at our church and came home to start our Christmas eve traditions. We eat a snack dinner and OPEN PRESENTS.ANDREW SAYS "HMMMM, WHAT'S THIS?...A COOL SWEATSHIRT!"LOOK ANDREW ANOTHER SWEATSHIRT!OK, I CAN'T MUSTER ANY MORE EXCITEMENT OVER THESE CLOTHES.AUNT WAWEE, I KNEW YOU WOULD COME THROUGH!NOT ONLY DID SHE NOT SEND CLOTHES...SHE SENT MY FAVORITE...CARS!I GAVE MOMMY MY FAVORITE BOOK FOR CHRISTMAS. SHE SEEMS TO REALLY LIKE IT TOO.
MASON SAYS, "YES! GRANDMA AND GRANDPA GOT ME SOMETHING I HAVE BEEN WANTING FOR A WHILE!"I LOVE MY ALUMINUM CAN CRUSHER...I'M GONNA GET RICH!I PICKED OUT A RED HOODIE FOR MY DAD AND BOUGHT IT WITH MY OWN MONEY. IT FELT GOOD TO GIVE MY DAD SOMETHING JUST FROM ME...AND HE SURE LIKES IT.

And if this all wasn't enough...SANTA CAME!HE LEFT THE LOOT BY THE FIREPLACE
MASON ROCKS OUT ON HIS DRUMS AT 6:00AM...HE EVEN HAS ROCKIN' HAIR.
ANDREW GETS READY TO BURN SOME SERIOUS RUBBER.FOR THE REST OF THE DAY MASON SERENADES US WITH FINE MUSIC!
AND THE RACE IS ON IN THE BACKYARD.
OUR CHRISTMAS WITH THE BOYS WAS PURE...

3 comments:

Nonnas News said...

What a fun, memorable Christmas for you all!! I bet their hasnt been a quiet moment since with those new drums!! I thought I heard some beautiful music over in my neighborhood!!

Grannalisa said...

Oh wow! Sounds like you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. It is always so much fun with little ones although my grown children still want me to lay out their gifts instead of wrapping them! :) Your blog is fun to read. You are such a creative writer!! Have a great year!

Julie Simmons said...

OMG Amy! Last summer, Josh was dying to have an aluminum can crusher. He used one at a family reunion and Me-Maw just had to order one and have it shipped directly to him! It has been a great hit! :-)Great minds think alike!

sitemeter