Monday, November 17, 2008

Tonight was just a fun Monday night at our house. The boys and I played Christmas music while we prepared dinner. We had to preview our selections for this Christmas season...OK, I love Christmas music and usually can't wait for the season to begin.

Before we sat down to dinner, Mason changed the CD to his music. He likes hip hop music but after turning off numerous songs on the radio because of "ugly talk" we had to find an alternative. We found DC Talk at the local christian bookstore and decided it was a good alternative. It has a sound he likes and a message we approve of...so we are all happy. Andrew was "break dancing" on the kitchen floor as I served the taco salad. I think this is a taste of the future in our house. I have to admit I love the energy these boys keep in our home. Even on days I think I am tired in the evening, this kind of fun gives me my second wind.

3 comments:

Julie Simmons said...

KJ52 is another good Christian band Mason might like. We are always on the lookout for Rap alternatives for Josh too! :-) I just love keeping up with you and your boys!

Nonnas News said...

I love christmas music too! I try to wait till after Thanksgiving to start playing it, but I found myself listening to my new George Strait christmas CD in the car the other day!

Amy said...

What a great night at home. I totally agree about the second wind and the energy our kids give off.

I am excited about lunch too! I love to eat and will eat anywhere.

sitemeter