Since I am such an interesting person and have such an exciting & glamorous life :-), I thought I would share 25 random things about me. I have read some other blog world buddies lists and thought it was a fun way to learn a little about each other...although, I may actually give you all a glimpse of how strange and OCD I really am...if that hasn't already been revealed! So here goes.
1. I am the youngest of 10 children...yes, we were Catholic and yes, my parents did know what caused that and yes, my mother had her hands full and I wore a ton of hand-me-downs.
2. I enjoy being the mother of boys. I like having sole rights to all things girlie and dramatic in this house...for now.
3. I eat bananas almost green. Once they get any freckles they are too far gone for me.
4. I have to make my bed before I can sleep in it. I usually make the bed first thing in the morning, but if I don't for some reason and it is time for bed, I have to make it completely before I can lay down and go to sleep. I can't just straiten the covers. My husband thinks this is INSANE.
5. I love to cook for people and try new foods.
6. When I do watch TV, I watch several things at once. I hate commercials so I switch to another show while commercials are on the first. I've been know to become interested in something else and abandon the first, second...or third show all together. My husband has to leave the room when this is happening.
7. I have a freakishly high pain tolerance. When I was in labor I didn't even know with Mason...the doctor sent me to the hospital when I was having a checkup because I was 4 cm. I arrived at the hospital about 30 minutes before Andrew was born. The doctor barely made it and that was only because they would not let me push until he arrived. If I have a third child I better find out about home birthing!
8. I shop like a man. Occasionally I like to go look around at different stores but usually I want to go find the item I am looking for and be done. My sister hates this about me.
9. I'm impatient. That may be clear from 6 & 8.
10. My boys are only allowed soda once (maybe twice on special occasions) a week. I, on the other hand, have a diet Dr. Pepper just about every day. Yes, I know it is a double standard. Don't care :-).
11. I love and sometimes crave silence & solitude. When I am alone in the car, I rarely turn on the radio.
12. I am always mentally organizing a plan to accomplish a task. I am a list maker. I may as well be running a Microsoft Project program in my head.
13. My boys have morning and evening "checklists". Don't laugh! Now instead of asking 15 times each morning if they have brushed their teeth, made their beds, etc. I just say, "make sure you have finished your morning list". They aren't nagged and feel like big kids and I don't feel like ripping my hair out of my head most mornings.
14. Peanut butter and banana (#3 must be remembered) sandwiches are awesome!
15. I can have a bit of a temper. I actually threw a tomato at Mark one time. WHAT A BIG FIT THROWING BABY! and no, my kids were not witness to this tantrum thank goodness. I am thankful for a God that loves me in spite of myself and is always working on me!
16. I cannot stand to be barefooted outside. It grosses me out to see other people walk outside barefooted so of course, my kids are not allowed to be outside barefooted.
17. Babies or toddlers in a visible diaper in public just makes me crazy. If it is not OK for someone to go in public in their underwear, why is it OK to do that to your baby! Put some pants on that child...PLEASE!
18. I loved being pregnant. I gained a TON of weight the first time but really felt pretty good through both pregnancies. I just reveled in the thought of a life growing inside me and was in awe every time I felt them move. I remember thinking, How could any woman that has carried a baby not believe that God exists. I can barely cook a meal without burning something so how could I think I could pull this off on my own?
19. I love colored christmas lights on our christmas tree. I know most people think they are tacky but I think they are fun and kids love them. My parents always had big colored lights on our trees and I loved them. If I could find some of the old fashioned larger colored bulb strands I would buy them. I love the retro look!
20. Whenever I am on a long road trip by myself, I will turn on the radio and find the craziest oldies station (60's, 70's and 80's) and belt out those songs to stay awake. I have been known to call my sisters and leave them messages playing some crazy 70's motown song just to brighten their day.
21. Toothpaste or beard stubble left in the sink makes me nuts. GROSS, no one wants to see that, wash it down the drain please before someone else has to see your SPIT or HAIR when they go to wash their hands.
22. When we finish our house, I can honestly say I NEVER want to do one ourselves again. We are too old for this stuff. This is our second home to renovate and we are tired. After I pulled a mummified cat out from the crawl space to prepare the area for Mark to finish digging the trenches for the new plumbing a couple of weekends ago, this decision was finalized. No, I did not realize it was a dead cat until I picked it up (thank goodness I had gloves on), yes I dropped it and asked Mark to take care of it. You will be proud to know I did not scream like the girl I am.
23. I still love to get mail. I am just like a kid when I see a card from someone or a package. E-mail is nice, but it just isn't the same.
24. Men's feet usually gross me out. If you cannot paint your toenails, you have no business showing your toes. That's just me.
25. Mark has actually be married to this insanity for what will be 15 years in June. Keep him in your prayers! :-)