Wednesday, August 26, 2009

DOUBLE DIGIT BIRTHDAY!

It doesn't seem like it has been 10 YEARS since I had my first little boy but it has been exactly that long ago. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I went to the doctor for my regular checkup (9 days before his due date) and the doctor asked me if I had been having any contractions. I told him I had, but nothing intense or consistent. He looked at me and told me I was dilated 4 cm and I should go on over to the hospital. I went to the hospital and about 10 hours later we had our 8 lb 15 oz bundle of joy. We still say he would have been 9 pounds had he not peed on the doctor LOL! His daddy was BEAMING at the sight of his big boy. Like the Grinch, our hearts grew 3 sizes that day and have been bursting at the seams with love for our children ever since. Mason, we have been truly blessed by God to be your parents. We love you so much it isn't possible to put into words. You are growing into such a wonderful, responsible, smart young man. You never stop amazing us with the things you do. The Lord blessed you with a heart like I have never seen! You are so kind and welcoming to everyone you meet. Other people see that about you and LOVE to be around your loving spirit. Remember that your love and kindness is contagious so never hesitate to spread it around. I will never forget this past summer when you stayed at Ronda's while I worked at the office. The kids would just surround you as soon as we walked in the door each day. They couldn't wait to see you and be with you. I hope you see the powerful influence you have on others and use it as God intended. Never forget how special you are! You can guarantee the rest of us never will.

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY!

Love,

Mom & Dad

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is the sweetest post ever! I think really special people must have been born on this day because he shares the same birthday my grandmother had. I hope he has a great day!

Jodee said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday to your big boy! We grow them big at our house too. Carson weighed 10 pounds, 4 ounces and was two weeks early. Kamree weighed almost 9 pounds and was 4 1/2 weeks early! Yikes!

sitemeter