Tuesday, February 12, 2008

MY LITTLE VALENTINE...GROWING UP

Mason and I had a little date yesterday evening. We stopped by Burger King to have a treat and he said he wanted to buy our milkshakes. I told him that he did not have to spend his money on our treat but he insisted. I told him how sweet that was and that his treat was a great Valentine. He said, "Mom, you have dad to be your Valentine". I told him he was right but he and Andrew are my sweethearts too. He agreed.

We then went to Wal-Mart to buy some groceries and went down the Valentine candy isle and he told me he wanted to buy one for a little girl in his class that asked him to be her boyfriend. At first I discouraged it by saying, you will give something to everyone in your class and he did not need to spend his money on that candy heart. He insisted and I thought, he wants to be sweet to someone and make her feel special. Why would I discourage that? I guess I am afraid he is growing up to fast but the reality is at 8 years old, he is not thinking of a "girlfriend" he is thinking of a good friend that is a girl. I watched while he paid for the candy with his own little money and thanked God for his giving spirit and encouraging way with others. I hope his little friend feels as special as I did watching him pick the special gift for this special little girl. This year, I have to share one of my sweet little Valentines.

1 comment:

Nonnas News said...

that is so sweet! Mason is going to be a fine young man sooner than you think! Very sweet and thoughtful too!!

sitemeter