Wednesday, September 17, 2008

STRESS!!!

THIS HAS BEEN ONE WILD RIDE FOR THE LAST SEVERAL WEEKS. I HAVE FELT COMPLETELY STRESSED AND JUST ASK FOR YOUR PRAYERS. I REALLY NEED THE LORD'S WISDOM TO NAVIGATE THIS TIME IN MY LIFE.

THE BIGGEST STRESSER FOR ME RIGHT NOW IS ANDREW'S TRANSITION TO PRESCHOOL. HE HAD A HARD WEEK THE FIRST WEEK BUT THINGS IMPROVED IMMENSELY. LAST WEEK HE STARTED CRYING AGAIN WHEN I LEFT HIM. WHEN I PICK HIM UP HE STILL TELLS ME WHAT FUN HE HAD BUT THE NEXT MORNING HE IS APPREHENSIVE AGAIN. A COUPLE OF DAYS EACH WEEK I AM ABLE TO PICK HIM UP AT 3:00. NOW HE IS EVEN MORE UPSET ON THE DAYS I HAVE TO WORK UNTIL 5:00. HIS TEACHER SAID HE CRIED FROM 8:00-10:00 ON TUESDAY! MY HEART IS BREAKING FOR HIM. I AM CRYING ON MY WAY TO WORK SO UPSET BY ALL OF THIS. MARK'S OPINION ON THE SITUATION IS THAT ANDREW HAS TO GET ADJUSTED TO SCHOOL AND I AGREE, BUT SHOULD IT BE THIS HARD? HE WAS CRYING TONIGHT AT BEDTIME BECAUSE HE KNOWS I HAVE A FULL DAY AT THE OFFICE TOMORROW. I AM ABSOLUTELY HEARTBROKEN ABOUT THIS SITUATION.


SECONDLY, HURRICANE IKE HAS CAUSED SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE TO 3 OF THE PHARMACIES IN THE REGIONAL CHAIN WHERE I WORK. EVER SINCE SATURDAY MORNING I HAVE BEEN WORKING TO COORDINATE THE DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN. IT HAS BEEN A LONG WEEK TO SAY THE LEAST. IT HAS BEEN DIFFICULT BUT HAS COME TOGETHER WELL AND WE SHOULD HAVE THINGS BACK TO NORMAL BY THE END OF THE WEEK. WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DELIVER MEDICATION TO RESIDENTS OF THESE AREAS DAILY AND THAT HAS BEEN A MIRACLE TO SAY THE LEAST. I WORK WITH A LOT OF WONDERFUL PEOPLE THAT HAVE GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND BECAUSE THEY CARE, NOT JUST FOR A PAYCHECK. PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THOSE IN THE DAMAGED AREAS AND THE WORKERS TRYING TO ASSIST THEM. SEEING FIRST HAND HOW HARD IT IS FOR PEOPLE TO WORK THROUGH THIS DISASTER HAS BEEN HUMBLING AND HAS ME COUNTING MY BLESSINGS...BUT I AM TIRED, EMOTIONALLY DRAINED AND NEED A REFILL!

4 comments:

Nonnas News said...

Your such a great Mom!! I wish I could give you a hug!! ((((( ))))

I think Andrews adjustment is harder on you than it is on him! He will be fine, he just needs a little time to get used to everything.

I'm keeping you in my prayers!!

Amy said...

Oh, I hate to hear that Andrew is so upset and that you are so stressed. I will definately be praying for your situations. I know that when Savanna gets anxious or upset about something, I will try to stop and we pray together and I ask God to give her a good day and take away her sadness. It always seems to calm her and make her realize that God, her father, is always with her when I am not there.

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

Hi, my son did the same and cried for two weeks, it broke my heart each time I left him.
Can you give him somethng of yours to take to school? Something that smells like you? How about a little reward when you pick him up when he shares his lovely day with you. My little 3 year old looks forward to her yellow pepper at the end of her day! I reinforce to her, that I will ALWAYS come back.
Will keep your little man in my prayers for a quick settling in.
God Bless
Julia

Grannalisa said...

That just breaks my heart. I just can't stand it when the little ones are upset. I remember when Chuck and Britni put Chandler in daycare for the first time when they went to A&M. He had always been with them or I kept the nursery at church and he had only been with family. I remember what a terrible time they had. Chandler cried and screamed and Chuck and Britni would go to the car and just cry, but it did get better. And then he got a virus and was out for several days and it started over!! However I told Britni to reassure him that she would always come back to get him and don't try to sneak out. I always thought that was not good. I told her to be consistent and it did get better. This year on Chandler's first day of kindergarten, Chandler got mad because he didn't want to leave school. I thought - wow, what a contrast to his first experience away from mom and dad. Anyway... you and Andrew are in my prayers.

sitemeter