Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas...

and I am ready! We put up our Christmas tree while Nanny and Poppy were visiting. I just love getting out the boys ornaments and unwrapping the memories each year. They love to hear me tell them the special memory that goes along with each ornament. I took the boys last night to purchase their ornament for this year. Andrew picked a Walle ornament since that has been this year's obsession for him. Mason picked out a cordless drill ornament. I thought that was very fitting considering what he has been doing this year with his daddy at the "Yucky House". I just love the thought they now put into their ornament selection. It is so cute to see them trying to decide on one when there are so many fun things to choose from.

After our ornament shopping we decided to go to Chili's for a quick dinner before we had to be home for basketball practice. I was just reveling in the moment and loving our jump into the Christmas season. I was ready to bask in the joy, laughter, peace on earth...when the boys started arguing over who was hungriest. WHAT! Who would even argue about such a ridiculous thing? Brothers that have officially found their competitive spirit and now wield it in every area of our lives, that's who! Don't get me wrong, I love competition...just not over EVERYTHING! I pray that Mark and I can help the boys channel this competitive drive to constructive areas of their lives. I definitely need to pray for guidance in this area since Mark and I are both very competitive individuals. Oh the stories I could tell...like the Monopoly game that was thrown into the trash one Christmas eve night long ago. I bet Santa did not know what to think of the Monopoly money blowing out of the trash can outside our home as he flew over. Thank goodness we had no children yet. Santa may have thought they were being naughty. Neither one of us like to loose, especially not to each other. We have come a long way since those days. Let's just say we don't tempt our pride...we still don't play Monopoly.;-) Now let's see if we can teach the boys to be good sports...even with each other...even when they are hungry or playing Monopoly.

4 comments:

Nonnas News said...

your blog looks so christmasy!! Your post made me laugh about you and Mark and the monopoly! LOL

Amy said...

At least we know now that the boys come by it honestly. Love the new look and "It's A Wonderful Life" is my fav too.

Julie Simmons said...

we also get a special ornament every idea, but great idea to let them pick their own ornaments!

question: where do you get the great clip art, etc. you use on your blog??

Grannalisa said...

I love monopoly but nobody here will play with me!! LOL

sitemeter