Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Out of the Mouth of Andrew...

We had a fun Easter Sunday at home.  Church, lunch, naps and egg hunts.  I love simple days.  Andrew had asked me to wear a little dog tag type necklace he had gotten at a community egg hunt and he would wear one too.  They had eggs and bunnies on them and they weren't the type of necklaces meant to last. 

While we were snuggling on the couch watching a movie, his chain broke and I told him to hand it to me so I could fix it.  He looked at me and handed it to me with a scrunched up nose and said, "These necklaces aren't very good.  They are kind of D*llar Generally".  It took all I had not to crack up.  I guess he remembers the HUNDREDS of times I have reminded him that many of the toys at D*llar General aren't the kind of toys that last really well so he should think twice about buying some things there.  Now I promise, I am not a dollar store snob.  I buy lots of things there, but there are other things I won't buy there.  Most of the time you really do get what you pay for when it comes to items you want to last.  That being said,  I don't think the people at D*llar General would appreciate the new phrase he has coined! 

No comments:

sitemeter