No, this post is not about college football but believe me, this house is keenly aware it is football season. Today Mason is turning 12. It has been a blessing to raise him and watch him grow into the wonderful young man he is becoming. I love this kid so much, here are 12 reasons why:
1. Mason has a great quirky sense of humor, just like his mom, so we laugh together often.
2. I've watched him be a hard worker this summer. He mowed our neighbor's yard to earn his own money and has done a great job. He is even mowing our yard for dad!
3. He is becoming more patient with his brother and is being a good example to him
4. He is so loving to his baby sister. She is only a few weeks old and I can tell she knows his voice and likes to hear it when he is home.
5. He is trying new things like playing guitar and beginner band percussion.
6. This boy is a great friend. We have new neighbors and he couldn't wait to invite the kids over to swim and ask their son (who is 10) to go bike riding with him. He loves to make people feel welcome.
7. Football is his favorite sport. He doesn't let his smaller build stop him. He plays hard and loves every minute of it!
8. Mason continues to be a good student and work hard. He puts his studies first.
9. Maturity is blossoming in him. I can see a bit of the man he is becoming and it is wonderful.
10. New foods are not always fun for him but he is boldly trying new things. He even decided he likes fried okra!
11. The little girls next door (ages 5 and 7) came over to see if Mason could play. He didn't make a face and tell me he didn't play with little girls. He went outside and played so sweetly with them for a few minutes before dinner.
12. He loves the Lord and is learning to be His feet. He invited several neighborhood kids he has been playing with to go to church on Wednesday night. When I asked him if they had fun he said yes but he was most excited that they would be learning about Jesus.
Every year with Mason is a new adventure. He takes us to the next phase of parenting and teaches us so much in the process while we try to teach him. We are truly blessed to be his parents. We love you, Mason. Happy Birthday!