Tuesday, October 25, 2011

IT IS GREAT TO BE EIGHT

My little guy Andrew is now a big eight year old.  He woke up this morning and came in my room, woke me up and said, "It's my birthday!".  That is the life with a new baby in the house.  Usually I wake the kids up with singing Happy Birthday and treat them to a special breakfast.  With a new baby, he had to wake me up :-)

So now, here are 8 of the many things that make Andrew the special boy he is to our family:

1.  When Andrew is interested in something he is ALL IN!  He was doing a project at school about Tornadoes so he wanted to make a tornado model that required using dry ice...we had to squash that idea but I love that he wanted to go big!
2.  He has a smile that lights up the room.
3.  Football is really something he has gotten better at this year and he LOVES it!  He wears some type of football jersey nearly every day, Pittsburgh, Longhorns, MV Tivers, Baylor Bears...he is a fan of many :-)
4.  Andrew is crazy about his great grandmother.  She loves him so much and might spoil him just a bit.  He asked her to make her special sugar cookies for his class snack this week.  She couldn't wait to do it for him.  I catch him some evenings watching Wheel of Fortune with Granny in her room.  SO CUTE!
5.  This kid is a FOODIE!  He loves to try new things and has a very discerning palate.  We took him to PF Chang's for his birthday dinner.  The waitress was cracking up because he didn't want the stuff on the kid's menu.  He wanted a spicy shrimp dish and lettuce wraps.  That's my boy!
6.  Snuggler.  Does a mom need to say anymore... I love that about him.
7.  This boy has been an early bird since he was a baby.  He doesn't want to waste any time snoozing.  He might miss something great.
8.  Andrew accepted Christ this year and has really grown to a mature young boy.  He asks so many deep questions that Mark and I both know God has amazing plans for him.  We love watching his personality blossom in Christ.

We love you, Roo.  God blessed us richly when he gave us such an extravagant gift!

1 comment:

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet guy! That cookie looks soooo delicious!

sitemeter